Attend in person or online
Pre-registration is not required.
In-person: Cumberland County Extension Center (301 East Mountain Drive, Fayetteville, NC 28306)
Online: Carolina Sportsman Magazine will stream the event through Facebook Live and it will also be shared on the Wildlife Commission’s Facebook page.
For more information on CWD, visit ncwildlife.org/CWD
Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD), an always fatal disease in deer, has been found in Cumberland County. In response, the North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission (NCWRC) must implement new wildlife management rules for our area Join this meeting to learn more about this disease and how you can make a difference moving forward.
Community support is vital:
- Avoid feeding deer
- Report sighting of sick deer to NCWRC, and
- Support local deer hunting programs
Hunters will play a critical role in managing the spread of this disease:
- Actively participate in free disease surveillance programs
- Reduce deer densities when warranted, and
- Responsibly transport and dispose of deer carcasses
Please make time to attend this meeting – or attend online.