The South Wake Conservationists was founded in November 2013 by a small group of individuals passionate about wildlife conservation. The group is based out of Bass Lake Park which is a nature and education center located in Holly Springs, North Carolina.
The mission of the South Wake Conservationists is to conserve and improve wildlife habitat and diversity through conservation projects and public outreach.
- To conserve and enhance all wildlife and its habitat
- To advocate ethical and biologically sound hunting, fishing, and other outdoor activities
- To advocate education, for children and adults, that increases public awareness of wildlife, its dependence on habitat, and the importance of both to human existence.
- To communicate, cooperate, and partner with local agencies, corporations, and other interested groups to advance the well-being of wildlife and its habitat.
- To support national and international issues of mutual interest with the North Carolina Wildlife Federation and the National Wildlife Federation.