South Wake Conservationists operates a program in our area that is part of the statewide NCWF Deer Donation Program. Our deer donation site is located in Lillington, NC and accepts donated deer each Fall during deer season. In partnership with Hunters for the Hungry, donated deer are processed locally, and premium-quality ground venison is then distributed to local food banks.
This is a win-win-win, reducing overpopulation and starvation of deer, preventing damage to farmers’ crops, and feeding people in need with high-quality, lean protein.
The goals of the program:
- Reduce crop loss on farms through deer harvest
- Diversify farm income through hunting opportunities
- Contribute to the tax base of NC economies
- Promote a long-term solution for managing deer
- Provide a sustainable source of protein for the hungry
For further information about the Farmers and Communities Manage Deer program, please reach out to us with your contact information below, and we’ll get in touch.